This episode focuses on the commoditization of design and a good customer experience with special guest photographer Dan Morgan of Straight Shooter. We also talk about elevator pitches and the redesign of GoMediaZine with Wilson Revehl.
Listen to the Podcast
Go Media Quick Tip: Elevator Pitches
- What is an elevator pitch?
- Go Media’s elevator pitch is?
- Bill’s story at his Business Class.
- How you can create a better elevator pitch.
What’s Go Media Been Up To?
- Feedback from first episode.
- On the Map – Date is Nov 9th.
- Jeff’s speech at AAF Cleveland.
- Shoutout to Mark Brickey of Hero Design, Adventures in Design Podcast.
- GoMediaZine launch & discussion with Wilson via Skype.
- MockupEverything launch and response from community. Future plans.
Topic 1: The Commoditization of Design
Special Guest: Dan Morgan in-studio
- Discussion with Liz Hunt and Dan Morgan.
- Automation of design processes.
- Oversaturation of competition.
- Technology makes it easier to produce pro results.
- Products that solve common design problems.
- Race to the bottom. How are designers affected?
- How photographers have dealt with it.
- Offering consulting and strategy, not just design.
- Service based agencies getting into the product business.
- Other products that are commodities – websites, themes, vectors, fonts etc.
- Selling your own products.
- Arsenal Marketplace.
Topic 2: Selling the Customer Experience
- Instead of only selling your skills, talent, expertise, portfolio – sell the experience
- Rethink what your product is – is it your logo? Or the experience the customer gets while their logo is being designed by you?
- A well made logo is really the end result. It’s a commodity.
- Going golfing. Gifts.
- Never eat alone. Lunch with customers.
- Messaging, takeaways, project milestones that reward the customer.
- Good Experiences: Starbucks example.
Interested in sponsoring the Go Media podcast, either episodically or exclusively? Well, hit us up at email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities.
What Do You Think?
We want to hear what you think about the latest episode of our podcast and what topics you would like to see covered in upcoming episodes. Comment below with your suggestions.