On The Map (OTM)
If this is the 1st time you’ve heard of the On The Map (OTM) series, then you are missing out on seeing videos featuring the hottest businesses in Cleveland. On a personal note, this was the event where I met my current boss, William Beachy and found out that Go Media was looking to add another person to their team. One of my 1st assignments when I joined the Go Media family was to interview the creator, director, and innovator of the On The Map series, Chris Comella. So it seems fitting that I would be writing an article on the 2nd annual OTM viewing party for the GoMediaZine almost a year after being hired.
OTM Series 2 Trailer
For a sneak peak at this year’s screening, check out the video below.
On The Map Series 2
Putting Cleveland ‘On the Map’ – the Go Media Video series shines a spotlight on innovative entrepreneurs and organizations.
Find out why Cleveland is ‘On the Map’ – from food to furniture, our city resonates with creative thinking and furious pride! Join us Friday, November 9th for our second annual On the Map video series screening and party – come celebrate our city and the people that are working tirelessly to make it rock.
Go Media proudly calls Cleveland home. Like so many lifelong residents and transplants, we revel in the cultural, architectural, and natural amenities our great city has to offer. We see potential in what some would call blight, and we recognize opportunity for change. Therefore, Cleveland businesses are in a prime climate to create sustainable growth in the local economy.
And we aren’t alone! On the Map highlights a handful of other businesses and organizations that are following their passions and making Cleveland a better place to live, work, and visit.
We invite you to celebrate with us at our warehouse offices in Ohio City on Friday, November 9th. Join us to eat, drink, watch the video release, meet fellow Clevelanders, and even put your business or organization on the map!
WHO: Go Media
WHAT: 2nd Annual On the Map Video Series Release Event
WHEN: : Friday, November 9th, 2012, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
WHERE: Go Media, 4507 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44102
CONTACT: Chris Comella, Go Media | 216-939-0000 x229
On The Map CLE, starring:
- Cleveland Cyclewerks
- Le Petit Triangle
- Rising Star
- Rose Iron
- Visible Voice Books
Behind the Scenes
On The Map Series 1
For those of you who missed last year’s event, below is a list of the businesses that were featured in the video series complete with links to the videos for your viewing pleasure:
- Market Garden Brewery – Market Garden is a Brewery & Distillery in the burgeoning ‘Market District’ on West 25th Street in Ohio City. They offer seasonal beers brewed on the premises, Pub Fare served through the night, a comfortable indoor / outdoor setting, and a soon to launch line of spirits claiming the title of Cleveland’s first micro-distillery.
- Noodlecat – Noodlecat is a slurpalicious Japanese-American mash-up from Chef Jonathon Sawyer. Inspired by Tokyo noodle worship and noodle houses, Noodlecat recreates traditionally inspired flavors using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients following sustainable business practices in all areas of restaurant operation.
- Joy Machines – Joy Machines is a full-service community-oriented startup bike shop in Ohio City’s Market Square District, jointly owned and operated by Ohio City natives Alex Nosse and Renato Pereira-Castillo. Whether you’re an everyday cyclist, commuter, or someone interested in integrating bicycles into your daily routine, these guys are committed and passionate about growing Cleveland’s bike culture.
- Dredger’s Union – The Dredgers Union is a lifestyle store with a wide variety of men’s and women’s apparel, home goods, and just about everything in between. Located in the heart of downtown Cleveland’s East 4th St neighborhood, and featuring it’s own domestically produced private label of apparel and home goods, The Dredgers Union places an emphasis on “Domestically Produced Values.”
- Go Media – Located in Ohio City, Go Media offers design services, products and knowledge for clients who seek unexpected and compelling visual communications. Comprised of artists, programmers and strategists, they develop marketing materials that help clients capture attention and build brand affinity. Beyond client services, Go Media is deeply passionate about contributing to the creative community.
- Bad Racket – Bad Racket is a craft recording studio on the West edge of Ohio City. Formed by three passionate music lovers, the studio evolved from raw warehouse into a warm inviting space for musicians to document their creations. In their first year, they’ve worked with more than thirty-five artists, gained recognition from Cleveland’s Press Club, and organized a music festival at the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame.
- 2nd Shift – 2nd Shift is a contemporary product design studio located in Ohio City. It’s owned and run by seven partners, a group of creatives with diverse skills and varying backgrounds all working towards a common goal: design and build smart, beautiful, and useful products. Their first year has seen the development of a design studio – workshop, and their first line of products.
- The Cleveland Cinematheque – The Cleveland Cinematheque seeks out independent films that otherwise would not be shown in the city, and throughout the years has garnered much recognition. Director John Ewing was named a Chevalier in the order of Arts and Letters by the French Government, and the New York Times touts the Cinematheque as one of the country’s best repertory movie theatres.