We have been crazy busy this last month over at Go Media. And that is a great thing! Proposals have been rolling in and our sales team has been leading the charge with tenacity and grace, thanks to the amazing Jenny Kelley and Lauren Prebel.
On a sad note, we’ve been mourning the loss of the lovely lady, Liz Hunt. We are so excited for her new opportunity, but also so bummed to not have her smiling face in the office on the regular. We keep looking over our shoulders towards her empty desk and wishing she were still around. If you didn’t get a chance to checkout her Farewell Post on the Zine you should definitely give it a read.
WMC Fest Benefit Show
This past week we also held the WMC Fest Benefit Show at the Cleveland hotspot, the Beachland Ballroom. ShiSho opened their set with a cover of “Punk Rock Girl”, Freeze Tag had the house jumpin, Leah Lou & The 2 Left Shoes played a rockin set with the crowd demanding an encore, and Ohio Sky left the Ballroom shaking with their “Wall Of Sound”! Now onto the Weapons of Mass Creation Fest at Cleveland Public Theatre! Defy The Hand You’re Dealt! We’ll see everyone in August!!
Checkout the photos below for more highlights from the WMC Fest benefit show.
What The Team Has Been Up To
- Wrote articles for the GoMediaZine:
- Finding cool articles, images, and videos for the Go Media Facebook Page, the Go Media Arsenal Facebook Page, the Go Media Twitter Account, the Go Media Pinterest Page, the Go Media Google+ page, the Go Media Instagram, and the Go Media LinkedIn Page.
- Managing and contributing to the GoMediaZine.
- Reading articles and ebooks on Social Media Marketing and the book “Trust Agents“ and “Pinterest Power.”
- Curating the Flickr Pool and published the March 2013 – Flickr Pool Showcase on the zine.
- Curating the Go Media Guest Pinner Board on Pinterest and keep a lookout for the 8th showcase coming out later this week.
- Spoke at a panel discussion on Building Your Brand Through Social Media at the Ohio SBDCr
- Assisted with and managed the creation of new Apparel Templates as well as new CD Case Templates for Mockup Everything (keep a lookout for them at the beginning of April).
- Responded to customer inquiries, requests, and suggestions for Mockup Everything and Shirt Mockup through the Get Satisfaction Community page.
- Reorganizing the templates on Mockup Everything to make them more easy to navigate as well as reorganizing the Template Library to make finding the template you need a breeze.
- Curating the entries for Mockup Everything Contest. If you haven’t gotten a chance to submit, we have decided to extend the deadline for another month so that y’all have some more time to get in your submissions. In the meantime check out the Pinterest Board to see the current submissions.
- Continued to wireframe up the new android app. We’re now working in tablet landscape mode.
- Episode 7: How to Close Design Leads
- Working with Jeff and Bill about going live with the Go Media Podcast in the near future.
- Wireframed a new ecommerce project.
- Worked on launching US Display Group’s new blog.
- Three new “Lorain” projects in development.
- Finished all front-end dev and content placement for the new Prooflab sales site.
- Point Click Tailor Icon sets.
- Poster designs for Northeast Ohio Regional Fusion Center.
- Creating a Go Media visual site map template.
- New Mockup Everything Templates.
- Team effort with Wilson Revehl on researching and migrating over to a new project planning tool that will better meet our needs.
- Facilitate client and team communication for our ongoing projects.
- Project planning, kickoffs, kickoffs, and more kickoffs for:
- Go Media has landed some big projects in the last month, keeping our team hard at work!
- Bill and Heather Sakai’s music video is finished. Check it out, it’s a must see!
- Bill has been diligently working on his book ‘Drawn to Business, Designed for Success’.
- Lauren spoke at a panel discussion on Building Your Brand Through Social Media at the Ohio SBDCr, giving insight to small businesses and startups that are new to the world of social media.
- Jenny continues to mentor through Bad Girl Ventures and is pursuing inclusion on the advisory board
- Here’s a link to the most recent Go Media podcast on how to close design leads.
- Go Media is currently looking for a new Junior Level Designer.
- Started development on the all new Japonesque.com. Japonesque Creates Beauty with the highest quality makeup brushes and accessories in the cosmetics industry. Go Media has been tapped to replace their outdated Cold Fusion platform. We’re working on delivering a compelling and immersive new brand experience for Japonesque online. The design team’s first round has been nothing short of impeccable and we look forward to adding this exciting client’s project to our portfolio.
- Brands seem ready to Spring clean their image. Provided development assessments & proposals for many interesting opportunities coming through the door. Go Media is proud to be a Cleveland graphic design and development firm recognized for outstanding creative solutions in web and print.
- Assisted the Project Management department in identifying and migrating to a new system on the cloud. We were looking for a SaaS platform with easy to use collaboration tools, notifications, integration with Google Calendar and other accountability requirements. After countless trials (& errors) our final awarded business went to Smartsheet.
- Kicked off several other interesting web design & development projects. Stay tuned to find out who for.
- Launched wmcfest.com.
- Organized successful benefit show for WMC Fest.
- Helped Jesse Sloan and Melissa Olson throw a WMC Showcase down at SXSW.
- Various client projects.